At Edgerton, Inc., we are making the investment in the next wave of trade professionals by training our own workforce. Our in-house apprenticeship program, provide opportunities to our team members to advance in their field by studying under our licensed professionals. Get started on your pathway to a successful career and inquire about our Apprenticeship Program today!
What is an Apprenticeship?
We provide on-the-job training and instruction, in the HVAC & Plumbing industries, so you can learn the trade hands-on. If you’re looking to pursue a career in either of these industries, then our apprenticeship program is for you! * Please note that each apprentice must attend either online or in class instruction, as well as on-the-job training. *
How does Apprenticeship benefit individuals?
From day one of enrollment in the program, apprentices receive credit for hours worked in the field. Our apprentices are also afforded the opportunity to enroll in online courses available through our partnership with Penn Foster College, at a discounted rate.
How long is our Apprenticeship program?
Depending on which license you are training for, the length of your apprenticeship would be two or four years. For each year of your apprenticeship, you will normally receive 2,000 hours of on-the-job training.
How does it work?
- Upon hire, you will be placed on our list to be added to the apprenticeship program, in the HVAC or Plumbing field desired. Eligibility is based on hire date and availability.
- After 90 days, you will become eligible for the apprenticeship program.
- Paperwork will be submitted to the state to sign you up, and your apprenticeship card will be given to you once received.
- A copy of your apprenticeship card will be kept in your employee file in the office, as the original must be carried with you on the job.
- Once you are close to completing your apprenticeship hours, completion paperwork will be submitted to the state to determine eligibility to test for your license.
- At this time, you will also have the option to sign up for a prep course. Many of our technicians find a refresher prior to testing is helpful.
- After your completion paperwork is received by the state, they will send a letter of completion to our office. You will then have a specified amount of time to schedule your test with PSI
An Edgerton, Inc. Apprenticeship receives:
A paycheck: From day one, you’ll earn a paycheck with a competitive rate all while gaining the knowledge of a new trade.
Training: As an apprentice, you will receive practical on-the-job training in a wide variety of programs including HVAC, Sheet-Metal, or Plumbing.
An Education: You will receive the opportunity to enroll in an online program through our partnership with Penn Foster College at a discounted rate, or you can opt to take in person classes at the facility of your choosing.
A Career: Once you complete your apprenticeship, you’ll be on your way to a successful long-term career with a competitive salary and minimal educational debt.
Types of Apprenticeships:
At Edgerton, Inc. the Apprenticeship program encompasses the following highly skilled occupations:
Eligibility and Requirements:
To be a registered apprentice, you must be employed with Edgerton, Inc. and satisfy the minimum age requirement of 16 years of age (18 in hazardous occupations) to apply for the program. Edgerton, Inc. also requires employment qualifications and credentials for the following: education, ability to perform physical requirements for the occupation, proof of age, drug testing and/or background check, and a valid driver’s license. Based on the selection method utilized by Edgerton, Inc., further information such as school grades and previous work experience may be requested.